Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Anniversary

Today is my tenth wedding anniversary. These are the words I wrote to the hubs. 

I said that if I had known what these tens years would entail, I would have run away before they began. 
I said it because I was hurting, because I wanted this life and loss to not be true. 
But it wasn't true, what I said. 
I hope I would have been brave enough to marry you anyway, if I knew how hard and sad life would get. Because I love our love. And if I hadn't married you, other sad things would have happened, because life is full of sad things. And I would have had to endure them without you. 
I'm glad your arms are the ones that hold me up when I can't stand anymore. I'm glad you are the one I call to talk through a decision. I'm glad you are the one that is nearly drowning with me. 
Life has been so so good to us. And life has been utterly terrible to us. And still we are Us.
You are an adventure. I never know where you will take me, but I enjoy the ride. I have always believed in you, because I know the real you. I will always believe in you.
I chose you then and I choose you now. I have chosen you everyday in between. I promise to keep choosing you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment