Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It's not cleaning if it's a science experiment.

It's not cleaning if it's a science experiment. 

I've always been a terrible housekeeper. I despise cleaning. I do enjoy a clean home, though. You know what is the worst about cleaning your own house? It's never all clean at the same time. All the areas take turns being clean. So annoying.
Cleaning is something I haven't done in a long time with the whole living in a hospital thing. But I'm trying to get the hang of it again. Of course this is complicated by grief, which makes normal things hard, and the fact that I'm still trying to figure out what I own and where it is (including cleaning supplies). I expect those two super fun realities to go on for some time. 
I've seen this "recipe" all over Pinterest and Facebook for "the best tub and shower cleaner ever". It's equal parts vinegar and blue dawn liquid dish soap. You warm up the vinegar, add that and the dawn to a spray bottle, swirl it a bunch to mix it up, spray it all over your shower/tub, let it sit, then rinse it away.  
I tried this yesterday because, what else do I have going on? And also, the tub needed a cleaning. Plus, science. 
Dudes, I am not impressed. I mean, yes it did an okay job, but I did put a little muscle into wiping the tub with a rag before I rinsed it. 
Honestly, just get some comet or ajax and scrub your tub. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree. And if you use too much vinegar too often, the acetic acid will actually eat away at your grout. :( No Bueno. Found this out the hard way at our Gainesville house. Back to good 'ol chemical cleaners for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I can't stand the smell of vinegar anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the environment, but I LOVE bleach. I mean the kind of love that makes you smile and skip when you smell it. I wish my whole house was white...

    ReplyDelete