Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So THERE!!! (9/28/2011)

(Originally written 9/28/2011)
The very writing of this probably solidifies my crazy status, but I simply can't help myself. By the time we go through all of these tests and possible hospital visit with Eli and finally have a diagnosis and hopefully a solution, I know that I will be too darn thankful for it to be over and to have a healthy baby for me to have an "I told you so" moment. So I'm having it now.
For the two months that I tried and tried and tried and tried some more to breastfeed Eli, it wasn't me! I wasn't the problem! He doesn't have the correct suck-swallow motion to be able to breastfeed! Formula could not be helped! (words directly from the doctor) So there! I'm not crazy!
For the lack of "schedule" or "routine" STILL at 6 months, it's not me! I'm not crazy! He can't get enough food in him at one time to stay on any sort of a schedule. We have a rough outline that gets us till noon or 1pm, and that's as far we've made it in 6 months, though I've tried and tried. 
For all of you that think I'm crazy because I consider Eli a "challenging" baby and you consider him a "happy" baby, I'm not crazy! Yes, he is the cutest, sweetest, brightest baby ever, but he's had feeding problems from day 1. Feeding problems= sleeping problems, growing problems, and neurotic mom problems. 
So there! 
Also, I would like to apologize to all my baby mommy friends. I have had mean, jealous, "must be nice" thoughts about all of your fat, growing babies while mine has gained and lost the same 2 ounces these past few weeks. I am sorry. I will cut that out. Now that I have been vindicated.

ADDENDUM 5/23/2012: I had no idea what was coming or that all the problems would have no known cause or resolution. Apparently I have been tired and crazy for a long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment