Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't Stop Me Now, I'm on a Roll!!!!

I've been on a cooking spree. I'm not making huge gourmet meals for my family or anything, just trying new things that have ALL TURNED OUT AMAZING!
Here's what I recommend:
1. Easy Peasy Rice and Beans (pay attention to the addendum as the crockpot involved is apparently old and does not heat very well. Mine is super hot, so I cooked accordingly.)
2. Egg In A Hole (This has been called "Better than McDonald's" by a certain 11 year old...)
3. Also, homemade "uncrustables" pb&j sandwiches were a big hit made with my brand new Crustbuster. I made a whole loaf of bread worth and stuck them in the freezer, just like real, actual Smuckers Uncrustables Sandwiches. Ty says mine are better. I told him it's because they're made with love. <3
4. Green beans sauteed with chopped onion in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook them until they are a little burned. That's called "carmelized" and it's delicious.

And then there were brussel sprouts.

Pretty, huh? They are also "carmelized". I was considering myself quite the chef. Until I ate one. Unfortunately, they tasted the way diarrhea smells. That is not an exaggeration. There are not words for how terrible they were. So I tried not to puke up the one I managed to eat and I dumped the rest in the garbage can. And now my garbage can stinks. The end.



1 comment:

  1. This is a delicious sprouts recipe:
    http://www.foodlushblog.com/2011/12/guest-post-heavenly-brussels-sprouts.html

    and this is pretty much my go-to on sprouts: http://www.tasteasyougo.com/2009/01/roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-bacon.html#.T8WSDMW9SSo except I roast them for about 30 minutes. I like them super cooked. :) Like crack, they are.

    ReplyDelete