Monday, August 6, 2012

You are not alone- for the kids


A friend of mine was recently consecrated as a deacon and I went to her consecration service. Afterwards I was sort of standing around, only knowing a few people, when I spotted a bulletin board for youth events. This little gem was pinned among some pictures. Maybe I'm just over-sensitive right now because MY BABY IS GOING TO MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!!!! But I thought it was such a great reminder for the kids and for the rest of us. too. We're not alone.

I think I might print this and tape it inside the cover of Ty's planner. We can all use some extra encouragement sometimes. 

In case you can't read it, it says, "You are not alone. In the midst of school and sports and life just know that a whole team, the tribe called the Trinity, goes with you. You never sit at your school cafeteria table alone. The Father is right across from you to hear your prayers, the Son is at his right hand to defend your soul (from a bully named Satan), and the Holy Spirit is sitting next to you to encourage, coach, and strengthen you. The Trinity is in and around you- you are not alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment