Monday, August 6, 2012

Why I'm not sad for school to start

1. I am no longer a teacher.
2. Ty needs someONE and someTHING to focus all of his attention and energy on besides me. Seriously. He's an awesome kid. But he also has a lot of stuff inside and when he's not at school all day everyday he unloads it on me. Generally speaking, kids are their worst for their moms. Generally speaking, adopted kids have a lot of confusing feelings about their moms, even when they have a lot of love for their moms. That's a lot of fun. So, it's been 8 weeks of all of this energy and emotion pointed at me, times 2 moves, equals I'm ready for school to start.
I've kept him busy. He's done summer camp, vacation bible school, surf camp, vacation, and football practice. Now it's his birthday month and he's looking at school starting soon and there's a lot of excitement and anxiety. And it's aimed at me. I'll take it, because I love him and that's what I get for being a mom. I'll help him try to deal with his emotions in a healthy way. That's a slow process. But I will be quite a bit less stressed myself when we're a few weeks into the school year and we've all gotten into the swing of things. Oh summer, you are such fun, please don't go, okay see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment