Thursday, November 5, 2015

It's hard to know.

It's hard to know. This is my favorite answer to things I should know, but my brain just flakes out on me. It's sort of a light-hearted, half-joking, but truthful response when my brain is worthless.

I had coffee recently with a grief sister and we were laughing about all of the inopportune times our brains go to mush and leave us feeling like complete morons.

Go to target and end up being unable to pay for your goods because you have no idea what your debit pin is? It's okay. It's hard to know these things.

Doctor's office asks for your address? Wow. It's hard to know.

Give exact change to a cashier, expect it's the completely wrong amount on the screen in front of your face? It's hard to know.

Last month I worked the pumpkin patch at Ty's school and I couldn't add 16+18. It's hard to know. (Even though I taught two digit addition to 8-year-olds for years as a teacher.)

My mom and I recently met up at a park to walk the loop trail there. As we finished up and were heading to our cars, we noticed her car door was wide open. Oh my gosh, did someone break in?? No. Her purse was still inside the car. We both just didn't realize her car door was open before hitting the trail. It's hard to remember these things.

So the next time someone inquires something of you and your brain turns to applesauce, just give a shrug and tell them it's hard to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment