Saturday, February 14, 2015

#carnivore

So, I'm basically attempting to inflate my iron level, as it is unlikely, but has been mentioned that if they decide to give Eli a certain blood product they could filter it from my blood. This way it would be fresher (less cells to die off while it's on a shelf or shipped) and multiple transfusions could come from a single donor (less antibodies to be added to Eli's cocktail of antibodies). But my iron is typically on the low end, sometimes too low. It's not a big deal to me, but doctors seem to dislike anemia, and also pushing people into anemia. So I need to boost my iron quickly, I don't care if it's temporary. 
Our bodies don't absorb iron well. They absorb iron from meat at a rate of 30% and iron from plant foods and fortified grains at a rate of 10%-20%. I'm not interested in gradually and healthfully increasing my iron level. I want that baby inflated in under a week. So, meat. Lots of meat. 
Sometimes I just forget to eat meat. I'm not really into it. Today I ate a burger and wanted to pump my stomach, I felt so sick. It wasn't the meat so much as the grease that came with it. It was a freshly prepared burger, not fast food, so I figured I was making a decent decision. Ugh. Then I didn't feel up to eating dinner and realized at 8:30 I had missed the meat window at the hospital. Meat fail. Tomorrow it's chicken liver tacos. I found a restaurant here that makes them. Hopefully they'll taste more like taco and less like chicken liver...
Everything I have to say about prepping my iron for a small possibility of blood letting can be said in hashtags. You're welcome. ;)
#jesustakethewheel #addthattomyresume #meathangover #allmeatallthetime #meathead #moremeatmoreproblems #eatmeatdonatebloodsavealife #carnivore #iwishcheesehadiron 

No comments:

Post a Comment