Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Holy crap, Marie.

We found a house! It's huge! It's a great location for taking Ty to/from school next year. They don't care how big our dog is or that Jerry has a non-traditional job. The house is in my parent's neighborhood. Specifically, it's in their cul-de-sac. Holy crap, Marie. When my parents moved to Jax several years ago we made jokes about them being "Barone close", as in neighbors, like on the tv show Everybody Loves Raymond. Little did we know one day we'd be sharing a cul-de-sac. We move in in a few weeks and we are quite excited. I think living so close to my parents is going to great. We are all pretty laid back and no one will be reenacting the Spanish inquisition. We've been living with Jerry's parents for less than a week and I'm already getting spoiled by leaving one or both kids at home with a grandparent if I need to run an errand or have an appointment. So while it will be so nice to have our own space, it will also be more work again. The kids love living with the grandparents now and they're looking forward to moving into the other grandparent's neighborhood. Ty already knows some of the kids there and we are well acquainted with the neighborhood pool/water playground. The new house has stairs. None of us have ever lived in a house with stairs before. This sounds so silly, but I think it might present a logistical dilemma as we are getting used to life with multiple levels. If anyone has organizational advice for me on how NOT to go up and down 1,000 times a day (with toddler in tow) I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment