Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Library!

Today we had a busy morning: appointments and errands along with the usual drop big brother off at school. I had to meet someone at the library to pick something up, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit it was Eli's first trip to the library. He just hasn't really liked books very much until recently, and though he likes them now, he will not even sit long enough for me to read an entire board book. So I figured the library wasn't something we'd do until later.
Boy was I wrong! What happened to the library??? When I was a kid they had books, story time once a week, and plain dot-matrix printer paper and old crayons to make masterpieces with. Which was fine with me, I liked all of those things. My boys? Well, those things wouldn't hold their attention for more than 12 seconds. But the library has SO MUCH MORE THAN BOOKS these days! They have puzzles and trucks and activity tables and a little people farm and a kitchen set and so much more! There must have been a dozen toddlers and preschoolers in the play area and there was more than enough stuff to play with. Eli had such a great that he had a grandiose fit when it was time to go. And now he's refusing to nap.
We will definitely be going back to the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment