Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dear Cable Man, I Love You

This move did not go the way I planned. I planned to have at least a week of overlap of time where we had access to 2 houses (old and new) and could move over a couple of days. Hahaha. Part of me is glad that we had to get completely out of the old house before finding the new house. Because it's slightly less obnoxious to focus on moving out before you go into move in mode. Those last 2-3 trips you plan on in a local move always turn into endless last trips and you feel like you'll never be fully moved out. I was spared that mess this time around. That said, I don't recommend needing temporary housing, especially if you have no idea how long "temporary" will be. I'm so glad our temporary was only 3 weeks. Truly, living with the inlaws went as well or better than I had hoped. They were incredibly gracious about messes and noise and a giant dog, etc. They watched one or both kids while I took one or none to appointments or the grocery store. But the fact is we were living in someone else's space, feeling like we (or me) were imposing, sleeping on a different and smaller bed, trying not to be in the way. I'm so thankful we had somewhere to go. But I'm so glad we have our own space now. I'm finding all my creature comforts to be even more comfortable and comforting. My bed is so nice. My pictures are so pretty. I feel incredibly shallow. And comfortable. Today the cable man came. He ended up having to dig a trench and bury a line to the house. Such commitment to cable TV! Or maybe he was just doing his job...either way he made me giddy. Guess what he gave us? A new remote for each cable box- all the buttons work AND there are battery covers on the backs! They are so beautiful! Now I can watch Project Runway (starts tonight!) and catch up on all the gypsy shows (have you seen these programs? Can't. Stop. Watching!) and order movies at the touch of a button. It's almost too much, it feels like Christmas. Okay, my DVR has gotten a 20 minute start on Project Runway. I need to go watch some fierce, commercial-free, fashion competition now!

No comments:

Post a Comment